How to take your emotional temperature
Green – Calm
– Choose thoughts
– Competent & Functional
Yellow – Caution
– Slight discomfort
– Can function but not optimal
Red – Danger
– All out panic
Specific Management Strategies for EQ
Green Card Thoughts
- Checking in with your senses
- What do you See? Hear? Smell? Feel? Taste?
- Periodically recall dopamine inducing thoughts
Yellow Card Thoughts
When & where was your…
- best race?
- best swim?
- best run?
- best bike?
When have you overcome an adverse situation?
Red Card thoughts
- When & Where have you been happiest?
- Who are your friends & family that are most important to you?
- What’s something you’ve done in your life that no one can take away from you?
- When in your life have you made a positive impact in someone’s life?
- When you get to green, stimulate your senses.