A note from Head Coach & Founder, Suzanne Atkinson, MD
Steel City Endurance Coaching helps you perform to your potential. At Steel City Endurance my priority for you and for all of my associate coaches and their athletes is to make sure that we understand and listen to your needs and your goals…and then help craft the training plan, accountability and support that helps you reach them.
Whether you are training for Triathlons, Cycling Events, Running or Swimming, we have the expertise, experience and results to help you reach your goals.
Every athlete that comes to us has unique needs, but some common ones include:
- Training for a first time event
- Training for a first time distance
- Training for a PR in a specific event or distance
- Efficient use of time
- Improvement in Power
- Improvement in Speed
- Improvement in Technique
Move Well First, Then Move Often
I firmly believe that proper movement is the foundation of fitness. Technique and efficiency is required in swimming, cycling as well as running. Efficient movement coupled with consistent training targeted to your current fitness will help you perform better, feel better, enjoy training more and use your time more efficiently.
How our Coaching Works
Every athlete receiving our regular coaching package service receives…
- An Annual Training Plan
- Customized plans delivered in 1-4 week blocks
- Adjustments to plans made weekly
- Guidance with Goal Setting
- Premium Training Peaks account
- Unlimited email contact
- Scheduled phone call as needed
- Emergency texting for last minute needs
- Local Athletes Only: Can lock in lower monthly one-on-one sessions at a discount
Some Athlete Accomplishments
- 32 year old Veterinary Technician wins Arizona State Cyclocross, Mountain Bike & Criterium State Championships
- 22 year old graduate student qualifies for Xterra national Championships
- 35 Year old Mother & Physicians Assistant wins 2013 Athlete of the Year & 2014 Duathlon National Championship.
- 24 year old Engineer qualifies for Kona Ironman World Championships
- 58 year old retired dad qualifies for Boston in his first Marathon with 5 minutes to spare
- 47 year old father knocked 47 minutes off his half iron triathlon PR at Musselman in July
- In her first full iron distance triathlon, 50 year old female with artificial hip completed Challenge Atlantic City in 14:53
- 39-year old dad finished his first half marathon less than a year after running his first-ever 5k.
- 38-year old mom finished 2nd Age Group at Riverview 5k
- 44-year old dad finished his first marathon, the 2014 Pittsburgh Marathon, in 3:52.
A Few Testimonials
- “Third place age group! First time I made it to the podium….Thx Steel City!!!!!”
- “Your insights to training, information, and methods are certainly something that you cant get from an online training program.”
- More testimonials here
My Personal Guarantee – Faster in 30 Days or it’s Free!
I guarantee that you will see results within your first 30 days, or else your first month is free! If you follow your custom training plan for the first month and do not feel fitter, faster, smoother, more efficient or do not feel you are getting the service you expect from Steel City Endurance, your first month is free.
The common thread in all of my endeavors is to help you, the athlete, find enrichment in endurance sports regardless of the level of experience or previous achievement. I’ve worked with total beginners to elite athletes and am confident I can help you reach your goals.
“We are capable of more than we think we are”
Coach Suzanne Atkinson, MD
Level 2 USA Cycling Coach
Level 2 USA Triathlon Coach, Elite Mentorship
Total Immersion Master Coach
Triathlon Research Co-Host
About The Head Coach
Steel City Endurance Head Coach & Founder is Suzanne Atkinson, MD. Suzanne relentlessly pursues ongoing experience in direct mentoring relationships with elite coaches and soaks up training information from primary sources, journal articles, and university level education. She has experience not only in 1 on 1 coaching for swimming, cycling & running, but has also coached triathlon and swimming camps in Cabo Rojo, Puerto rico; Kona, Hawaii; Boulder, CO & London UK.
Certifications imply a standard has been met by a national organization. While they are not a guarantee of coaching ability or knowledge, the maintenance and achievement of certification shows ongoing pursuit of continuing education, experience with athletes and a commitment to the sport.
Suzanne holds an active Level 2 USA Triathlon Certification with Elite Mentoring Experience, as well as USA Cycling Level 2. She is also a Master Coach for Total Immersion and helps lead & develop coaching education for new trainees.
In addition to her endurance coaching experience & credentials, Suzanne is a Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician, has masters level coursework in Exercise Physiology, is am a former Outward Bound instructor with experience teaching expedition skills, whitewater kayaking, rockclimbing & mountaineering.